I can't believe in a few short hours this year will be over. And while, yes, I realize that in reality is it just another day, I do hope with the new year comes new beginnings and happier times for my family.
2009, for us, was a tough one, there were things that I blogged about (losing my job, dealing with disappointment, ER/hospital visits for the littlest guy, traveling away from my family) and so many that I didn't (dealing with an alcoholic family member, facing financial ruin, being days away from losing the house, running out of food, being hurt by several friends).
But on the up side, it was also an amazing year.
- My unemployment lead to a summer of being home with my boys. Something I don't know that I would have had the chance to do otherwise.
- I saw success at several craft fairs/shows and found a new love and passion in a new hobby.
- We had fun with new friends, and rekindled relationships with old friends.
- We quickly learned how to make every dollar count and now have a new outlook on spending and finance (one that I know will serve us well in the future). We were blessed that each medical incident was not nearly as bad as it could have been.
- I was fortunate enough to attend a really fun bloggy event and make new friends
And because, as I always say, its not a good post if it doesn't have pictures, enjoy our year in review - photo style