I actually love to go grocery shopping (as long as its by myself of course) - its like a game, find the best deals, the best promotions, the best coupons and see how much I can save (verse spend) each week.
Some of my favorite tricks are:
- NEVER shop hungry!! Even if this means picking up a quick snack on my way to shop (sometimes even at the D&D counter at Stop & Shop)
- LIST LIST LIST LIST LIST!!!
- Plan my meals for the week based on the weekly flier
- Take the time to match coupons to the flier
- Stock up on meat when the sales are really good (by doing this I usually only buy meat about once a month - having a chest freezer really helps too)
- DON'T just buy something simply because I have a coupon for it
- Set a budget and STICK TO IT
- Don't take the kids or husband if at all possible (love them dearly, and sometimes I just can't say no when they beg and cry for a special treat or a bag of chips)
- I try to keep a stash of reusable bags in my trunk. Not only are they more eco-friendly, but I also LOVE the fact that they hold more and are easier to carry
To make my regular shopping trips even more exciting, Stop & Shop is paying homage to Mother Earth by offering you the chance to win one of two 2010 eco-friendly Hybrid cars! That's right from now until April 29th when you purchase 5 participating General Mills products and use a reusable bag at Stop & Shop you will be entered to win a 2010 Hybrid!!!
I can't even tell you how many times I've entered in the past few weeks, between all of the Cheerios and Yoplait we have gone through. (and I mean TONS of Cheerios, in just about every flavor they make!!)
To make this even sweeter Stop & Shop and General Mills are offering one of my readers a $20 gift card.
So now for the important part...
Enter to win the Hybrid by going to your local Stop & Shop with your reusable bag and buy some great General Mills Products
Enter to win teh $20 gift card here by
Leave me a comment and let me know of your favorite shopping tips and tricks. How do you plan, how do you save money, how do you manage it all?
Additional Entries: (Leave a separate comment for each item that you do)
- Follow my blog
- Follow me on Twitter (@LovingMom2Boys)
- Tweet about this giveaway
Thank you to General Mills and Stop & Shop for providing the information and gift cards for myself and one of my readers, all through My Blog Spark TM.
UPDATE: Forgot to mention, this giveaway will end at midnight on Thursday - so hurry and get in your entries!!